A short week but yet so productive. Take a peek!
Here, I asked the class to estimate how much money they thought I was holding. Lots of great discussion on how they attempted to estimate the amount by using information they already knew. For example, no student predicted a value less than $2.00. Why? Answer: " I know that you already have 2 loonies because of the difference in colour and I see some coins that are large so I think they are quarters and I see some that are smaller but not too small so I think they are nickels there too.
A great example of working on critical thinking skills.
We are still working on QAR in Language. We are practising how to answer our questions with evidence from the text or our own personal connections to support our answers.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER......
- See and sign report cards that went home on February 13th
- See note about upcoming student led conferences that was in report card envelope
- Family Dance at Frank Ryan on Friday February 22nd. Yellow note went home last week.
- Last day to order pizza or Subway lunch on-line is February 21st
- French pathway form is due March 7th