Sunday 25 November 2018

Hello Everyone!

What a busy week!

In Math, we concluded our 2D geometry unit. This will lead us nicely into 3D geometry. One of the ways this unit was assessed was a test the students had this past week. I will place them in their homeworks books for a parent's review and signature just as soon as they are marked. Stay tuned. Remembering that Number Sense is a math strand that the children are continually exposed to, the class has been working on strategies to assist with deciding which operation needs to be used to solve a problem. Currently, we are working on adding or subtracting.

In Language, the students got to practice what makes for an interesting introduction and conclusion in their writing. They now have more tools to refine their writing. These 2 anchor charts below will help with the paragraph they need to write in their homework.



An aside..... As stated in last week's blog, I was away on Thursday at a workshop. I left this activity for the children to do in my absence. They needed to write a paragraph as to where they thought I was as well as an illustration. Not only did I see progress in their paragraph writing, I had a giggle at how imaginative their ideas were. I wish I could post them all. They ranged from being sick to needing a day off because one of my daughters was getting married and I had to cook for the guests who came from Mars! I loved them all!


We topped off the week with the St. Rita Dance-a-thon! A great time was had by all. Thank you to the School Council for organizing this fantastic event.


IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER......

  • This note about the St. Elephant White Elephant Sale went home with your child on Friday. Please look around your home for things to donate for the sale and please send those gently used items to school on December 5th and 6th..
  • A reminder of Spirit Wear on sale on cash on line on the St. Rita website.
  • The St. Rita Calendar says that it is a Popcorn Day this coming Friday. Stay tuned for more details.
  • A reminder to return library books by Tuesday at the latest so we can be more efficient in the library on Wednesday.
Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone, Last post of the year........ In Math, our class played educational games to practise their multiplication and division fa...